Ecclesiasticus 4:28

"Fight to the death for truth, and the Lord God will war on your side."

Ora pro nobis,

Most Blessed Virgin Mary, St. Francis de Sales, St. Thomas Aquinas, and St. Dominic. Amen.

Friday, December 14, 2012

It's Been a While!

Wow, sorry for the neglect of Barque! After I finished the Eucharist series, I decided I needed to catch up over at Doubting Thomist. Then I started back at my old Bible College, in order to finish off my Bachelor of Religious Education. I'm hoping, once that's finished (in April), I can go on to get a teaching degree, and become a Catholic high school religion teacher. Anyway, between part-time courses and a full-time job, I've had little time to dive into any new topics here.

I've now finished this semester, and plan to publish on this blog two papers that I wrote for my hermeneutics class over the Advent/Christmas break. They'll be published in parts, because otherwise their length would be overwhelming!

The first is an exegetical look at Ephesians 2:1-10 and a refutation of the Protestant notion of Sola Fide, and the second is a treatise on the fundamental principles of biblical interpretation from a Catholic perspective. Before I publish it here, I plan to expand certain parts of it in order to bolster its apologetic aspects, especially as pertains to the Protestant notion of Sola Scriptura.

Next semester, I've got a course in Science and Christianity, and a course called "Worldview Studies", which will, I hear, be pretty philosophical. So I'm excited! And if the opportunity presents itself (as I'm sure it will), I will write Catholic-centric papers for those courses, and insofar as they have an apologetical bent, I will publish them here, as well!

Wishing you all a Blessed Advent, as we await the coming of Our Lord,
God bless,
Gregory

No comments: